Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bruce LeRoy

Phew - we made it back!  It's been a while & some of you have kindly requested we get back on it so here you go.  Oscar, too, has been longing for his doodles at school & I kinda miss the daily chronicle of our lives.  So, heyyyy - what up 2012?
Oscar  began his Tae Kwon Do classes in the fall - he's already a yellow belt.  This morning when I broke the news that I am finally going to draw again he immediately requested a kick.  Huh?  "You know - a stretch kick mama," accompanied by a demo.  Pretty fresh I have to say.  I've had a martial arts obsession since Berry Gordy's Last Dragon was released in 1986 starring Taimak & Vanity (apparently casting only wanted single-named actors)So I draw this - Oscar is pleased.  Then I ask him who's the baddest mo-fo around this town?  He looks puzzled so I help with the answer.  "Sho-Nuff sweetie - the Shogun of Harlem.  He's the baddest at least until Taimak gets the glow."  Someday he'll get it.  Happy Tuesday!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment