Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Urban Cowboy

Feels like the kind of day to be in character, and hey, I can't remember the last time I felt all western-y.  In fact, that's never happened in real life.  Oscar was a cowboy a few Halloween's ago - he was an adorable Josh Brolin look alike - and I love to watch Sergio Leone films, but this is pretty much the extent of our cowpokeness.  So today Oscar brought his magnet out (pictured here) for breakfast & this inspired the request.  Of course, the attraction here is the skeleton...we are nothing if not consistent.  But cowboys are rugged and cool - they ride beautiful horses & wear rad clothes.  They saunter through wooden slatted double doors in saloons & play poker.  I continue to rattle off the many attributes of our booted friend while Oscar remains in his half-asleep dream state, so I say "Git along little doggie" and it actually makes him start moving.  Looks like this may work for some a.m. motivation...though I have to brush up on my wild west vernacular - I'm fairly limited.  Happy Tuesday!  xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I like the sake bottle in the background. very wild west!

    ReplyDelete