Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo!

In honor of Mexico's super fantastic independence day, we decided a festive pinata was in order.  We've named him Jacques, since that seems like a really French-y name & a perfect allegory to celebrate the day.  No offense to any French fans...I happen to adore you.  We're just recapping some history here.  It's all good.  Of course, Oscar is not familiar with a traditional burro pinata...his birthday party experiences have exposed him to Nickelodeon/Disney versions, so he's seriously questioning how legit this is.  Sigh...I assure him there is in fact candy inside.  I guess whacking a donkey with a stick isn't as compelling as, say, Pikachu.  Hmmm.  Can't say I disagree really.  Enjoy the day friends - have some cerveza for me!  Happy Thursday!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment