Monday, May 2, 2011

Monsters, Inc

Well, spring break is over & we're back to the daily grind.  Oscar is really not down; clearly he's not ready to give up the holiday hi-jinx of the past week.  This morning he asked for a monster on his bag...nbd.  He loves his monsters.  But today he wanted something different from his usual style.  Today = imposing, gigantic & resembling, well, this.  I think I've inadvertently captured Andre the Giant's cracked-out cousin out on work release with this one. Terrifying.  We worked in composite sketch mode - Oscar directing me by specifying the "angry eyebrows" and menacing "mouth like a jack-o-lantern."  "So darling," I say, "what's up with this guy?  Why do you want him on your bag?"  His response was pretty well defined.  "I want to scare all of the teachers.  I want them to think there is a giant monster in Brooklyn so we can close school."  Fair enough - can't wait to hear how this all turns out at pick up this evening.  Happy Monday!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment