Monday, February 7, 2011

A Monster & A Lady

I guess I can't complain about the Scooby-Doo infatuation.  It could be much worse...I mean, what if Oscar was really digging a super lame kids series like Caillou or (gasp) Veggie Tales.  If I am offending anyone here - specifically their children - I sincerely apologize.  But let's face it, when your kid likes the same stuff you do, it's an incredible benefit.  In this case, I never had the SD addiction like Oscar seems to, but the show is pretty rad.  The weekend vid of choice was Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster.  Who knew Daphne is a decedent of the Blake's of Loch Ness?  I guess mystery is in her blood.  This morning Oscar was fairly decisive - draw 'Nessie.'  We've become pretty familiar with this particular monster - Oscar has declared this is the only "girl" monster he likes.  I am not sure if Nessie is actually female, but the Scots seem to refer to this creature in feminine pronoun almost exclusively.  Hmmm...  Oscar also admits this is the only girl monster he knows.  "Hey, what about Bride of Frankenstein?  She lives in the haunted house, see?"  I bring out BOF from the house (she was tucked away on the forensic chalk outline next to Frankenstein)  "Oh yeah, but she's not really a monster...she's a lady.  She's kind of pretty."  Ok!  Hey, Frankenstein likes her...everyone is beautiful in their own way.   Happy Monday xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment