Monday, March 21, 2011

Bark at the Moon

If you have the chance to accompany this read with some Ozzy, it is highly recommended.  This was an awesomely cosmic weekend - spring equinox coupled with perigee moon.  So rad, and Oscar fulfilled his wish to have a full moon party on the most appropriate occasion...the closest it's been in 18 years.  Oscar made all of the necessary preparations in my mother's backyard in NJ, but no one was allowed to bay at the moon when the festivities commenced at sundown.   There's been quite a focus on the holy trinity of monsters lately - The Mummy, Dracula & Werewolf.  Specifically he needs to know how to kill them.  Hmmm, this may explain why no one was allowed to howl...no silver bullets handy in case that attracted a werewolf perhaps?  I asked if this was the case this morning as I doodled.  "No mama, that's not why."  "Ok puppet," I respond.  "Why didn't you want anyone to howl?"  "I never said we should be howling - that was grandma's idea.  You know, we're not dogs."  Well, there you have it.  You can't mess with a kid & his party planning I guess.  Happy Monday xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment