Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm rolling a big doughnut and this snake wearing a vest...

There are a few rites of passage that never go out of style.  This weekend Oscar selected & rode his first very own bicycle.  Not a "baby bike" as he refers to tricycles - one for a big kid, like him.  Ah, a boy & his bike...it does seem really magical.  When you think about it, it is his introduction to freedom.  Conveyance on his own terms; a chance to be a total individual.  I can picture him sticking baseball cards in the spokes, making a tick-tick-tick, & pedaling off into the sunset.  I asked how he felt riding his shiny new wheels, which spun into this morning's doodle request.  "I like it."  Ok, not the enthusiasm I was hoping for, but he continued his recount with "big plans" of springtime rides "at night."  Clearly I have Easy Rider in the making.  But I think we'll commemorate with something a little more innocent to begin.  Pee Wee's Big Adventure is in queue for movie night, ready to inspire what I hope will be a long and meaningful relationship between Oscar & his ride.  Happy Monday xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment