Friday, March 11, 2011

Monster Mash

Here's what's up - Oscar likes monsters.  I mean, really likes monsters...of all breeds.  We have a collection of them that live in the haunted house, and they frequently throw outdoor parties in the cemetery - the guinea pig is always a featured guest.  It goes hand-in-hand with the Scooby-Doo obsession too, I guess.  But lately, Oscar has a new agenda.  He deliberately looks for things to "be afraid of."  For instance, our conversation the other night:  "Hey look at the moon Oscar - it's a tiny sliver.  That means the full moon is coming."  Response:  "Wow!  I'm going to start being scared of the full moon.  It's spooky.  Can we look for it so I can be afraid?"  Um, yeah.  Werewolves, check.  I get it.  I just enjoy the preemptive fear factor.  This morning we settled on Creature from the Black Lagoon and his buddy The Mummy for the doodle.  Oscar didn't mention his anticipated angst, but I suspect these guys are too innocuous for that.  Happy Friday - enjoy the weekend xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment